Past FIC Funding Programs
Since the creation of the Food Innovation Center, we have offered many funding opportunties. Below is a list of previous funding programs offered since 2010:
- Seed grants : Awards of up to $25,000 to support cross-college teams in generating preliminary data to enhance the competitiveness of extramural proposals (annual competitions)
- Cost share : Relevant proposals from center members may be matched up to $10,000 (ongoing, open deadline)
- Innovation incentives : Planning grants to foster collaborations and approaches inspired by annual meeting participation (2010)
- Team awards : Awards of up to $2,500 for teams to network and plan new collaborative projects in food quality, local food security and health, obesity, or industry partnership (most recent RFP released at 2012 annual meeting)
- Innovation initiatives : Awards of up to $50,000 to support multi-college teams in executing new research projectsand programmatic initiatives.
- Graduate student travel awards: Awards of up to $500 to support graduate student travel to conferences and meetings of national significance. (two funding rounds per year).
- Collaborative Studies Program with CCTS: One award of up to $50,000 to encourage faculty investigators to address integrated solutions to complex clinical and translational problems under the university wide theme of food discovery. (one-time offering in 2012)
- Social science data grants: Awards of up to $2,500 to identify, obtain, or develop primary or secondary data to address questions regarding the relationship between the changing nature and characteristics of food and the economic and organizational systems used to produce and distribute food. (summer 2012)
- Doctoral research grants: Awards of up to $5,000 to support post-candidacy doctoral students in advancing innovative research consistent with the FIC mission. (began in 2012)